Ke Ali’i Pauahi Scholarships applications open Jan. 2

Ke Ali‘i Pauahi Foundation is now accepting scholarship applications from Kamehameha Schools seniors who plan to attend college during the 2013-2014 academic year.

“Our generous donors have allowed us to provide the gift of a college education to well-deserving students,” said Keawe Liu, Executive Director at Ke Ali‘i Pauahi Foundation. “Kamehameha seniors have a selection of eight scholarships in a variety of areas of study, including visual arts, TV and film production, and music.”

Most scholarships are for individuals who will be classified, full-time students at an accredited institution. Applicants must also be enrolled in a two- or four-year college or university degree program and demonstrate satisfactory academic achievement and merit.

Additionally, certain scholarships may require applicants to demonstrate financial need.  Select scholarships are also available to individuals who are enrolled on a part-time basis, or attending an accredited vocational or trade institution.

Seniors from the Maui campus can apply at www.pauahi.org/scholarships. Online scholarship applications must be completed on or before February 15, 2013.

“Students should start the process early by reading our scholarship guide book, preparing their personal statements, and gathering the required documents like letters of recommendation,” said Mavis Shiraishi-Nagao, Scholarship Administrator at Ke Ali‘i Pauahi Foundation.

For more information about Ke Aliʻi Pauahi Foundation or available scholarships, call (808) 534-3966 or e-mail [email protected]. Students can also see their academic counselor for further details.  The Foundation’s policy is to give preference to applicants of Hawaiian ancestry to the extent permitted by law.

Ke Ali‘i Pauahi Foundation is a Hawai‘i nonprofit organization recognized as a 501(c)(3) charitable support organization of Kamehameha Schools. The Foundation’s mission is to perpetuate the legacy of Princess Bernice Pauahi Bishop by seeking and developing new and diverse sources of income to support the ever-increasing educational needs and goals of people of Hawaiian ancestry.