Fore! KSM girls golf improves with third win

PUKALANI – The KSM girls golf team completed the front half of their season on an upswing, beating King Kekaulike High School 148-141 earlier today at Pukalani Country Club.

This is their third win after beating King Kekaulike Tuesday, 136-130, and Lahainaluna once earlier in the season.

The Warriors lost their first two games against Baldwin and their second game against Lahainaluna. Their season standing so far is 3-3.

Girls golf coach Makana Eleneke wants to see the improvement continue. “Some of the girls are getting a little complacent. They aren’t playing to their full potential,” he said.

Coach Eleneke is hoping to get the girls’ individual scores under 50 for the remainder of the season. “The best is yet to come,” he said.

Junior Shannon Abarra scored lowest on the team today with an individual score of 40. She hopes to drop her score into the 30’s throughout the rest of the season. She said that she needs to work on “judging the greens and the putts.”

Freshman Kodi Joyo also did well today with an individual score of 44. “My score came down a lot. I’m happy that I could make bogies and pars all day.” She plans to continue playing golf for KSM for the next three years. “I hope to get better gradually,” Joyo said.