Seabury tops Warrior Boys Volleyball 3-0

It’s De-matchup between volleyball Warrior Hinano Delima and Spartan Rocky De Lyon when KS Maui faced Seabury Hall March 31, 2011. The Spartans won in three matches.

MAKAWAO – A night of struggle and frustration proved to be fruitless for the Kamehameha Maui boys volleyball team Thursday night in their match at the Seabury Hall gym, with a 3-0 loss against Seabury.

Seabury had an early lead in the first set with a score of 7-1. Kamehameha was able to lessen the gap, but not enough to steal the lead. The set ended with an ace from Seabury Junior Rocky DeLyon and a score of 25-16.

In the second set, the Warriors mirrored Seabury’s performance in the first set and quickly pulled ahead, getting as far as ten points in the lead with a score of 17-7. Seabury handled the pressure well and was able to make a comeback tying the score at 23 points, then closing the set with a 25-23 win.

Seabury kept the lead throughout the third set and with a score of 25-18, ended the match.

Senior Hinano Delima said that one of the main obstacles the Warriors faced during this game was frustration. “We weren’t focused on the little things, and it just added up.”

For the next game, he said he will “definitely try to keep a cool head and concentrate on what the coaches are telling me.” 

Spartan Rocky DeLyon was a crowd favorite tonight, scoring numerous points for Seabury. “I think our team played well. We’re a young team, and we’re coming together,” DeLyon said.

Seabury head coach Caleb Palmer believes that the team has potential to be a much greater threat in the league, “Any win is a good win. You want your team to play as well as they can all the time, which you can’t have; so tonight they did at times, and they didn’t at times,” Mr. Palmer said.