JV baseball Warriors tie it up, finish season vs. Na Ali’i

The Kamehameha Maui JV baseball team ended their season today, February 1, 2012, in a tie with King Kekaulike, 6-6, at the Eddie Tam Baseball Field.

“It was a good game and both sides played tough,” said King Kekaulike Head Coach Mark Makimoto.

The game started with a score by Kekaulike in the first inning putting the Warriors down 1-0.

The Warriors answered with a run of their own brought in by Cody Fushihosi Wago on a walk. The first inning ended with bases loaded when Kapahanau Palakiko was tagged out on a home plate steal.

In the third inning, King Kekaulike drove in two more runs taking the lead 3-1, followed by another score in the fourth inning increasing their lead to 4-1.

In the fourth inning, the Warriors tied up the game, 4-4, with a runs by Palakiko, Kaimi Gilliland, and Chase Alexander.

During the sixth inning, the Warriors took the lead for the first time in the game on a run brought in by Chase Newton.

At the top of the seventh, Na Alii rallied, scoring twice, giving them a late lead, 6-5.

In a final stand for victory Kamehameha’s Chase Alexander, with two outs already on the board, made it to first base. From there, he stole second and, shortly after, third. Newton batted an RBI single, evening the score.

The game ended with a strike-out, the score at 6-6, and the officials called the game due to the waning daylight.

“We did good. It was a well fought game. We played ’til the end,” Chase Alexander said.

This game ended the JV Warriors’ season with a record of 3 wins, 4 losses, and 1 tie.

” [This game] was good improvement, and that’s all we can ask for. I wish we had one more week because the season is too short…varsity baseball is already starting this week, and we hope to see some of these boys step up and play at that next level,” Head Coach Jason Kane said.