Juniors dance for ‘Ever Ever After’

After months of preparation and three hours of hard work put in by students, parents, and faculty, the class of 2012 was welcomed to an Enchanted Garden at the King Kamehameha Golf Club on Saturday, March 5 for their Junior Prom themed “Ever Ever After.”

“There were about 30 parents here this morning to help set up,” said Mrs. Ramona Ho, head librarian who also helps coordinate the junior prom every year.

The doors opened at 5:00 p.m. to welcome the fine young men and women of the junior class and their dates. Before dinner, students registered and took their portraits, then continued to the dining room for an introduction by class president Marcus Ferreira and emcees Ikaika Camanse and Melia Mattos. The prayer was done by Lilinoe Bal.

Dinner included prime rib, steamed vegetables, noodles, and fresh green salad with an array of pies for dessert.  “The food was very good,” said Vice Principal Leo Delatori. “My favorite was the prime rib.”

Students were treated with a music video of the junior class created by the crew of What’s Up Warriors 7 and adviser Mr. Jay Paa, followed by a slideshow of pictures of the class. The traditional hall of fame announced the winners for eight different categories.

• Ms. & Mr. Aloha: Melia Mattos and Jordan Nauka
  • Ms. & Mr. Humorous: Melia Mattos and Shane Clark
  • Ms. & Mr. Artsy: Nikki Davis and Noah Harders
  • Ms. & Mr.  Swaggah: Nikki Davis and Nazareth Thibodeaux
  • Ms. & Mr. Native: Twins Lilinoe and Kamahoe Bal
  • Ms. & Mr. Musically Talented: Tiasha Akre and Kunihi Antonio
  • Ms. & Mr. Athletic: Makana Pundyke and Kupono Cabanas

Then, Ryder Pahukoa and Makamae Palos were crowned Prom King and Queen by class advisor Ms. Ronelle Suda and 9-10 Principal Lance Cagasan.

“I didn’t know everyone liked me so much,” said Prom Queen Makamae Palos about her classmates’ vote.

After the feast and the coronation of the king and queen, the juniors descended to the dance floor to dance the rest of the night away to music provided by New Line Entertainment.