Class of 2014 enjoys annual sophomore sleepover

Class+of+2014+enjoys+annual+sophomore+sleepover+

The sophomore class of 2014 had a fun-filled night during their sleepover, which was held in the high school wrestling room from Oct. 21-22, 2011, chaperoned overnight by class adviser Ms. Kalena Laepa’a and class moms.

“The most enjoyable part of it was definitely just being able to hang out with our classmates and enjoy ourselves together as a class,” said sophomore Kiana-Lei Chang.

Dinner consisted of spaghetti, salad and bread rolls. Sophomore class president, Aaren-Joshua Soriano said it was “onolicious.”

Throughout the night, sophomores occupied themselves with activities, such as watching movies and a meteor shower, making signs for the football team, tie-dying t-shirts and playing ice breaker games.

Since most of the sophomores attended, many felt that their class became closer and stronger.

In the previous years, sophomore sleepovers were held later in the school year, but due to the class adviser’s scheduling conflicts with the original later date, the students chose to have it earlier.

The sophomores took advantage of the early sleepover and got in some practice for homecoming week, which starts on Monday, Oct. 31. They squeezed in some practice for events such as class cheer, but they said that it did not take up much of the sleepover.

“We wanted to pump everybody up in our class for homecoming week, and we wanted to get the bonding of our class going before any competition,” said sophomore class president Aaren-Joshua Soriano.

After little to no sleep, the sophomores gathered all together in the morning for breakfast, more games and to take a class picture. Parents started arriving at about 9:00 to take students to athletic events and practices, but mostly, just to take them home to sleep, tired from an unforgettable night of bonding with their classmates.