Beauty Beat: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Maybelline+Lash+Sensational+Mascara+is+a+refreshing+take+on+lash+volume+and+definition.+
Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara is a refreshing take on lash volume and definition.

Photo by Faith Owan

Photo by Faith Owan

By Faith Owan, news writer

Normal mascara wands can definitely do the job of making your lashes look fuller—if it’s the right brand. What about unconventional wands, though?

And what do I mean by unconventional? I’m talking about mascara wands that don’t have your usual straight row of bristles attached to the end of them. A majority of mascaras in the past have been of that sort, with variations on the thickness and length of the wand’s bristles.

But in the past few years, I’ve noticed an increase of mascara wands that are going out of the box with their designs and functions. There have been wands that start thick in the middle and taper off at the ends, have spiky-looking bulbs at the end, are squiggly shaped, or, like the one I’m about to talk about, are curved.

The Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara has a curved wand that’s meant to enable your lashes to have a fanned out, voluminous look to them.

When I first bought this product, I wanted to see if one of the new wand designs could actually produce a new lash look like the makeup brands were advertising. I was interested in seeing if differently shaped mascara wands were really worth the fuss, and didn’t just pump out the same old clumpy eyelashes that most mascaras do.

Well, I’m happy to say that I now have an addition to my favorite little posy of mascaras. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara lengthens my lashes, while giving them enough volume without making them clump too much (a bit of clumping is necessary in order to make lashes appear fuller). But my favorite aspect of the products is the “fan effect” the package advertises, which it actually delivers.

You can get this mascara at a local drugstore, for the average price of $8.99. That’s less than 10 bucks for an awesome product that gives a unique, girly look to lashes. Pick one up if you’re in need of a fresh eye makeup look!